News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Acupuncture is legally recognized as a CAM therapy in the group “alternative therapies” in the law on CAM 118/2007 (238).
Only medical doctors, dentists and pharmacists with approved additional qualification are allowed to practise acupuncture in Romania (239). A specialized committee for acupuncture regulates the profession (NATL) (239).
In medical schools or faculties of pharmacy students can take optional courses in acupuncture (29). There is a professional society of acupuncture that has annual national congresses. There is a National Institute of research in CAM in Bucharest; its present director is also the president of the Romanian association of Acupuncturists (237).
There is no professorial chair for CAM therapy in Romania, but there are clinics of acupuncture in some faculties of medicine and hospitals of education and research (240).
29. CAMbrella. CAMbrella news. Münich: CAMbrella; 2011 [cited 2011 November 03]; Available from: http://www.cambrella.eu/home.php?il=1&l=deu.
237. Dragan S. Email: Legislation of CAM in Romania. Timisoara: University of Medicine and Pharmacy Victor Babes, Romania; 2011.
238. Law nr. 118/2007 privind organizarea şi funcţionarea activităţilor şipracticilor de medicinăcomplementară/alternativă (Concerning the organisation and functioning of the practices of complementary/alternative medicine), The Parliament of Romania(2007).
239. Ordin nr. 418 din 20/04/2005 for the approval of the National Catalogue of Programmes for Complementary studies organised to certify the competence of medical doctors, dentists and pharmacists and the methodological standards for its organisation and progress., Parliament of Romania(2005).
240. Hegyi G. Questionnaire about the status of CAM therapies Romania. 2011.