News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Kiropraktor (Chiropractor) is a regulated health profession in Denmark and authorization is given according to Act no. 877 of 4 August 2011 on Authorization of Health Care Professionals and on Professional Health Care Practice, section 12 (82).
Authorization is given only based on education and practice as described in this regulation. Permission to practise independently as chiropractor is given in “Executive Order no. 650 of 26 June 2009 on permission to practise independently as chiropractor”(90).
Doctors and physiotherapists are allowed to practise chiropractic in Denmark. According to Sundhedsloven (The Danish Health Act) 4.2.5 Chiropractors, “the public health care scheme” partly pays for treatment by chiropractors. It is not necessary to be referred by a general practitioner in order to receive a subsidy. There are approx. 300 chiropractors who have an agreement with the public health care scheme”(81, 88).
Chiropractic is registered in the EU regulated professions database as follows: Chiropractor is a directly related regulated profession with the title “Kiropraktor” recognized under Directive 2005/36/EC, ID 386. General system of recognition – primary application. National legislation ACT NO.415 of 6 June 1991 concerning chiropractors. Qualification level: PS3 – Diploma of post-secondary level (3-4 years), Art. 11 d. (7). Useful webpage; http://le.iu.dk/DetailEN.aspx?aIdErhverv=30
7. The European Commission. Regulated professions database. Brussels: EUROPA; 2011 [cited 2012 February 10, ]; Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/regprof/index.cfm?fuseaction=regProf.index.
81. Sundhedsloven 913 af 13/07 2010 (Earlier: The practice of Medicine Act (lov om utøvelse av lægegjerning) of 1970), Folketinget(2010).
82. Lov om autorisation af sundhedspersoner og om sundhedsfaglig virksomhed nr 877 af 04/08/2011, Folketinget(2011).
88. Ministeriet Sundhed forebyggelse. Chapter 4 The primary health care service. 2012 [cited 2012 March 29]; Available from: http://www.sum.dk/Aktuelt/Publikationer/Publikationer/UK_Healthcare_in_DK/Chapter%2004.aspx.
90. Ministry of Health Denmark. Fact about professional recognition Chiropractor. Copenhagen 2011 [cited 2011 28 September]; Available from: http://le.iu.dk/DetailEN.aspx?aIdErhverv=30.