News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Both The Italian “National Federation of the Orders of Doctors and Dentists” (FNOMCeO) and different court rulings have acknowledged chiropractic treatment as a responsibility of a medical doctor, a dentist or primary health professionals with internationally approved chiropractic education (170–172, 174, 175).
The Register of Chiropractic doctors is established, but not yet activated, within the Italian Labour, Health and Social Policy Ministry under art 2, comma 355, of Law N° 244/2007 (168, 170–172). “In Italy there are de facto local regulations, administrative rules or court-stated guidelines” for regulation of chiropractic treatment (174, 175).
168. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I, editors. Non Conventional Medicine within the Italian Medical Profession. ECIM 2011; 2011; Berlin.
170. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. State of Art of the Regulative Situation of Non Conventional Medicines in Italy. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2010;16(2):141-2.
171. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Looking for a Person-Centered Medicine: Non Conventional Medicine in the Conventional European and Italian Setting. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011;2011.
172. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Non-Conventional Medicine in Italy: The present situation. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2009;1(2):65-71.
174. The Italian Parliament. Law 244 of December 24, 2007, art.2, paragraph 355. 2007 [cited 2012 March 27]; Available from: http://www.chiropratica.it/legislazione/riconoscimento-dellachiropratica/
175. Frattari L, Khanchandani B, P. Roberti di Sarsina, Williams J. The Evolution of Chiropractic Regulation in Italy; Association of Italian Chiropractors submission to CAMbrella, 31 December 2011.