News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
There is no statutory regulation or restricting legislation of homeopathy in Estonia. Both medical health professionals and non-medically qualified practitioners are allowed to practise homeopathy (28, 41, 50).
The profession of homeopathy is regulated with special professional standards (96). At present 14 professionals have obtained a certificate as homeopath and 3 of them (1 doctor, 2 nurses) are also registered with the Health Board (101).
The Estonian Homeopathic Association (Eesti Homöpaatia Ühing) is a member of ECH (the European Committee for Homeopathy) (28).
Non-medical homeopaths that have passed the Professional Board exam (the Professional CAM Board is a state-recognized entity) are free to practice (101, 102).
28. ECH (European Committee for Homeopathy). ECH in European Countries. Brussels: ECH; 2011 [cited 2011 September 12]; Available from: http://www.homeopathyeurope.org/countries.
41. ECHAMP. Homeopathy and anthroposophic medicine in the EU: Facts and Figures 2011 (Third edition). In: European Coalition on Homeopathic and Anthroposophic Medical Products, editor. Third ed. Brussels: ECHAMP E.E.I.G.; 2011.
50. ECCH. The Legal Situation for the Practice of Homeopathy in Europe; An ECCH report; Oct 2010; Revised Edition 2011,. Brussels: European Central Council of Homeopaths 2010.
96. Estonian Qualifications Authority. The professional qualifications system- register of professionals. Tallinn 2012 [cited 2012 February 14]; Available from: http://www.kutsekoda.ee/et/kutseregister/kutsestandardid/kataloog.
101. Harald Kitzmann; ECH Estonia. Email: CAM legislation Estonia. 2012.
102. IVAA Estonia; Anne Daniel Karlsen. Email: CAM legislation in Estonia. 2012.