News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Practise of homeopathy is restricted to medical doctors and veterinarians (60).
The Supreme Court of Justice (Suprema Corte di Cassazione( 1982, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007) has ruled that homeopathic products must be prescribed only by medical doctors and that it is an infringement of medical powers for anyone without a degree in medicine to practise Traditional and Non-Conventional Medicines (168, 170–172).
Both The Italian “National Federation of the Orders of Doctors and Dentists” (FNOMCeO) and different court rulings have acknowledged homeopathic treatment as an additional medical qualification and a responsibility of a medical doctor or dentist (106, 168). FNOMCeO has called on the government to provide necessary legislation (106).
Public registers for homeopaths is not yet in force. Italian medical practitioners of homeopathy have completed post-graduate training in homeopathy, anthroposophic medicine or homotoxicology (60).
60. ECHAMP. Homeopathic and Anthroposophic Medicine: Facts and Figures. Second Edition ed: ECHAMP E.E.I.G: European Coalition on Homeopathic and Anthroposophic Medicinal Products E.E.I.G; 2007.
106. CAMDOC Alliance ECH ECPM ICMART and IVAA. The regulatory status of Complementary and Alternative Medicine for medical doctors in Europe. Brussels 2010 January 2010. Report No.: 2010.
168. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I, editors. Non Conventional Medicine within the Italian Medical Profession. ECIM 2011; 2011; Berlin.
170. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. State of Art of the Regulative Situation of Non Conventional Medicines in Italy. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2010;16(2):141-2.
171. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Looking for a Person-Centered Medicine: Non Conventional Medicine in the Conventional European and Italian Setting. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011;2011.
172. Roberti di Sarsina P, Iseppato I. Non-Conventional Medicine in Italy: The present situation. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2009;1(2):65-71.