News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Osteopathy is a regulated health profession in Iceland since 2005 (106). The Icelandic
Osteopathic Association (Osteópatafélag Íslands) was founded in 2002 (154).
No one can work or call themselves osteopaths in Iceland unless they are registered as such with the Ministry of Health which seeks an opinion from the Icelandic Osteopathic Association before granting a registration (154).
The Icelandic osteopathic profession is a registered health profession according to regulation 229/2005 (151, 154). Osteopathy is registered in the EU regulated professions database as follows:
Osteopathy is a directly related regulated profession with title “Osteópati” recognized under Directive 2005/36/EC(5), ID 14467 General system of recognition- primary application. All regions. Qualification level: PS3 – Diploma of post-secondary level (3-4 years), Art. 11 d.(7).
5. DIRECTIVE 2005/36/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications (Text with EEA relevance) (OJ L 255, 30.9.2005, p. 22) Amended up to March 2011, (2005).
7. The European Commission. Regulated professions database. Brussels: EUROPA; 2011 [cited 2012 February 10, ]; Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/regprof/index.cfm?fuseaction=regProf.index.
106. CAMDOC Alliance ECH ECPM ICMART and IVAA. The regulatory status of Complementary and Alternative Medicine for medical doctors in Europe. Brussels 2010 January 2010. Report No.: 2010.
151. Heilbrigðis- og tryggingamálaráðuneytinu. Reglugerd um menntun, réttindi og skyldur osteópata 229/2005. Reykjavik2005 [cited 2012 January 25]; Available from: http://www.reglugerd.is/interpro/dkm/WebGuard.nsf/printview/b91f2f98ef5ffe0800256fb2004e5c0b?OpenDocument.
154. The Icelandic Osteopathic Association (Osteópatafélag Íslands). Osteópatafélag Íslands. Reykjavik 2012 [cited 2012 January 25]; Available from: http://www.osteopatia.is/node/10.