News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Physiotherapist are regulated as health personnel and not regarded as a CAM profession in Denmark (86). The professional title “Fysioterapeut” is protected, but the professional activity is not protected. A physiotherapist must have an authorization to practise and agreements with the social security authorities to obtain reimbursement for the patients.
Rules of professional conduct are established by the association “Danske Fysioterapeuter” who apply jurisdiction. The association has developed a code of ethics for physiotherapists. The national authority responsible for the physiotherapy profession in Denmark is the Ministry of Health (92).
Physiotherapy is registered in the EU regulated professions database as follows: Physiotherapist is a directly related regulated profession with title “Fysioterapeut” (Physiotherapist (EN)) recognized under Directive 2005/36/EC (5), ID 380. General system of recognition – primary application. National legislation: Order NO 631 of 30 August 1991 concerning the Therapy Assistent’s’ Act. Qualification level – PS3 –Diploma of postsecondary level (3-4 years), Art. 11 d. (7, 86). Useful webpage: http://le.iu.dk/DetailEN.aspx?aIdErhverv=21
The public health care scheme partly pays for treatment by physiotherapists, but persons who have serious physical disabilities due to illness may receive physiotherapy free of charge. The treatment is only subsidized if it has been prescribed by a general practitioner (81).
5. DIRECTIVE 2005/36/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications (Text with EEA relevance) (OJ L 255, 30.9.2005, p. 22) Amended up to March 2011, (2005).
7. The European Commission. Regulated professions database. Brussels: EUROPA; 2011 [cited 2012 February 10, ]; Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/regprof/index.cfm?fuseaction=regProf.index.
81. Sundhedsloven 913 af 13/07 2010 (Earlier: The practice of Medicine Act (lov om utøvelse av lægegjerning) of 1970), Folketinget(2010).
86. Act on the Right to Exercise Certain Professions in Denmark, cf. Consolidated Act No. 189 of 12 February 2010, Folketinget(2010).
92. Danske Fysioterapeuter. Physiotherapy in Denmark. The World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) 2012 [cited 2012 March 29]; Available from: http://www.physioeurope.org/index.php?action=15&subaction=details&member=23.