News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Physiotherapy is a 3 year education in Germany (including 1/3 of practical work at hospitals/ private practices), at private or state schools. After graduating, you are “staatlich anerkannter Physiotherapeut” (129–131).
Physiotherapy is registered in the European regulated profession database as follows:
Physiotherapy is a directly related regulated profession with title “Physiotherapeut/in Krankengymnast/in under Directive 2005/36/EC (5), ID 954. General system of recognitionprimary application. Qualification level: SEC – Certificate attesting the completion of a secondary course, Art. 11 b (7). Useful link: nihil.
Physiotherapists from EU-and EEA-countries are governed by the EU Directive 2005/36/EC.
For physiotherapists from a non-EU country a corresponding law has been adopted by the Federal Government to improve the assessment and recognition of foreign professional qualifications approved by the Bundesrat (4 November, 2011)(130).
5. DIRECTIVE 2005/36/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications (Text with EEA relevance) (OJ L 255, 30.9.2005, p. 22) Amended up to March 2011, (2005).
7. The European Commission. Regulated professions database. Brussels: EUROPA; 2011 [cited 2012 February 10, ]; Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/regprof/index.cfm?fuseaction=regProf.index.
129. O.I.A. Osteopathic International Allicance. Osteopathy in Germany. Clearinghouse; 2012 [cited 2012 March 7]; Available from: http://www.oialliance.org/pdf/germany_osteopathy.pdf.
130. The World Confederation for Physical Therapy. National Migration Procedures : Physiotherapist Germany. 2012 [cited 2012 March 7]; Available from: http://www.physioeurope.org/index.php?action=42&subaction=details&procedure=7.
131. Des Bundesrat Deutschland. Gesetz über die Berufe in der Physiotherapie. Masseur- und Physiotherapeutengesetz – MPhG. 26 May 1994, last revision 25 Sep. 2009; Available from: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bundesrecht/mphg/gesamt.pdf.