News - New regulation found after the CAMbrella deliveries:
No new regulation found.
Notice! All text below is copied from the CAMbrella report - delivered Dec 31, 2012
Physiotherapy is a legally regulated CAM profession regulated by the Health Care Profession Act (210).
Licence to practise is granted for persons registered by the Council for Professions Complementary to medicine (210) and fulfill conditions of qualifications and minimum 2 years of practise (subsidiary legislation 464.16 licence to practise regulations) (211).
In 2010, 324 physiotherapists were registered in Malta (212). Physiotherapy is registered in the EU regulated professions database as follows:
Physiotherapy is a directly related regulated profession with title “physiotherapist” recognized under Directive 2005/36/EC(5), ID 736. General system of recognition – primary application. All regions. Qualification level: PS3 – Diploma of post-secondary level (3-4 years), Art.11d (7).
5. DIRECTIVE 2005/36/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications (Text with EEA relevance) (OJ L 255, 30.9.2005, p. 22) Amended up to March 2011, (2005).
7. The European Commission. Regulated professions database. Brussels: EUROPA; 2011 [cited 2012 February 10, ]; Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/regprof/index.cfm?fuseaction=regProf.index.
210. CHAPTER 464, HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONS ACT; To regulate the practice of health care professions in Malta, 21st November, 2003: Part V Professions Complementary to Medicine, Parliament of Malta(2003).
211. Professions complementary to medicine (licence to practise) regulation (S.L.464.16) subsidiary legislation, 1st January, 2009 Legal notice 277 of 2008, Parliament of Malta(2009).
212. The Council for the Professions Complementary to Medicine. Annual report 2010. 2010.