In short, the legislation and regulation of the CAM field is broad and complex, and differs highly from one country to the other:
On this website, you will find information about the different countries’ legislation, educational and qualifying thresholds for practicing CAM, professional title protection status, standardization of treatments and registration demands for professionals.
For educational purposes, the website also includes several maps and overviews, both regarding the general CAM legislation on a meta level, as well as treatment and country specific maps. From the front page, you may filter information based on treatment and country, to rapidly finding specific information you are looking for (ex. Acupuncture in Hungary).
The website seeks to provide answers to the following questions:
- Which therapies are considered and regulated as CAM in a given European/EU country?
- How is a specific CAM treatment regulated in a European/EU country?
- Is CAM treatment reimbursed or not?
- What are the legal conditions for CAM providers in a given European/EU country?
- What are the acts and regulations as well as national educational and training requirements for CAM practitioners in a given European/EU country – if any.
- Which health conditions are illegal for CAM providers to treat – if any.